Last night, the best and brightest in the beauty industry joined Kaplow’s longtime friend and client, Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW), for the 2013 Product Demonstration. Brands presented their newest innovations and CEW President Carlotta Jacobson spoke to media and influencers about the top trends of the year. Imagine a department store cosmetic section, times 100, with cupcakes and wine! Amazing, right?
The festivities went beyond just those in the room; people everywhere were able to join in on the conversation using our hashtag, #CEWevents – and before we knew it was trending on Twitter! This is a huge feat, with over 500 million users generating over 340 tweets daily, Twitter’s trending topics are the ‘what’s hot’ of the Internet.
It wasn’t just luck that #CEWEvents was trending. Here’s how we made it happen:
- We used the same hashtag from last year’s event to make it easy to remember
- Leading up to the event, we used the #CEWevents hashtag in our content to get the conversation started.
- Remember to include the preferred hashtag on event signage. Be sure the press has a card with all pertinent information.
- Plan what you want to share with followers ahead of time. While you can’t fully prepare to live tweet an event (the whole point is for content to happen in the moment) we all know you can miss things during event frenzy.
- Don’t forget to charge your phone!
- Once the event begins, focus on your tweets and mentions. Interact with people that use the hashtag, answer their questions, chime in where appropriate and try to make them laugh! Let them know there is a person behind the brand.
A big kudos to the entire CEW team that helped make this event a huge success!