For Thumbplay, the #1 mobile entertainment service in the U.S., 2008 has been a year of major industry awards and recognition. The Kaplow team played an integral role in Thumbplay’s success from identifying and developing the nominations as part of our ongoing active speakers and awards bureau.
Earlier this year, Thumbplay was named one of The World’s 25 Most Valuable Digital Startups by Silicon Alley Insider, the business site started by noted Internet industry analyst Henry Blodget (among others), which covers the intersection of the technology, media, and communications industries, with a focus on companies and people making waves and shaping digital business. This prestigious list, which is topped by Web giants Facebook and Wikipedia, assigns a $400 million valuation on the company and is one of Thumbplay’s most esteemed recognitions in 2008.
In addition, Thumbplay won the 2008 Meffys Award for “Off Deck Services,” given by the Mobile Entertainment Forum – the leading global trade organization for companies across the mobile entertainment spectrum. This award recognized Thumbplay as the most effective direct-to-consumer mobile entertainment service in the world for its efforts to offer mobile consumers added value for money and easy access to a wide choice of mobile entertainment.
For a complete list of awards won, please continue reading.
- 2008 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies (the hottest, most disrupting private companies in technology)
- 2008 OnHollywood 100 (the top 100 private digital entertainment and media companies)
- 2008 Meffys Award for “Off Deck Services”
- Silicon Alley Insider 25: The World’s Most Valuable Digital Startups
- 2008 AlwaysOn Northeast 100 Top Private Companies (the top 100 emerging companies from the Northeastern United States that are creating new business opportunities in high-growth markets)
- 2008 OnMedia 100 Top Companies (the top digital media, marketing, and advertising companies, based on a set of five criteria: innovation, market potential, commercialization, stakeholder value, and media buzz)