Each year Allure magazine, known as The Beauty Expert, tests thousands of lotions, lipsticks, serums, and more to determine the crème de la crème of beauty products on the market.
To win an Allure Best of Beauty Award is almost equivalent to an Oscar for many brands. That’s why Kaplow is proud to announce that FIVE of our clients have won 2011 Best of Beauty Awards!
SHISEIDO: Originating in the 1800s as a Western-style pharmacy in Japan, Shiseido has evolved into a force in the cosmetics and skincare worlds, and this year won three Allure Awards!
The Big Breakthroughs – Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 line (Balancing Softener, Day Emulsion, Night Emulsion, Day Cream, Night Cream)
- One of the most prestigious awards, winners in this category are deemed the most exciting beauty innovations of the year. This skincare line addresses heparanase, an enzyme that plays a significant role in wrinkle formation. Mukurossi extract from the peel of tropical fruit, freshwater algae and gambir-plant extract neutralize the enzyme’s activity while proven amino acids work to increase collagen production and boost firmness and elasticity.
Eye Shadow – Brown – Shiseido Makeup Shimmering Cream Eye Color in BR 306
- What the editors said: “…a sparkly brown cream that looks neither flat nor muddy.”
Splurge – Shiseido Future Solution LX Night, $260
- What the editors said: “The only cream we trust to coddle our dried-up, winter-worn skin.”
MARK: mark, created by Avon Products in 2003 is an expertly edited, on-trend beauty & fashion boutique brand that
empowers young women to express their individuality and make their mark.
Cheap Thrills – Makeup – Mark Get Bright Hook Up Highlighter, $6.
- What the editors said: “A luminizer that isn’t too sparkly, so you can wear it every day—even if your name isn’t Ke$ha.”
ST. IVES: Known for their facial scrubs, body washes and lotions, St. Ives has been creating effective skincare solutions from nature since 1980.
Cheap Thrills – Body – St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Body Scrub, $5.69.
- What the editors said: “The mix of salicylic acid, natural exfoliants, and redness-reducing green tea smooths and soothes skin.”
NEXXUS: With a 30 year heritage in salons, Nexxus uses the latest scientific research to provide high quality hair care products that deliver breakthrough results.
Styling Products – Heat-Protecting Spray – Nexxus Pro-Mend Heat Protexx Heat Protection Styling Spray
- What the editors said: “Styling your hair shouldn’t involve sizzling it like a fajita. This styling spray insulates hair from temperatures as high as 450 degrees.”
LUMENE: Founded in Finland in 1970, Lumene captures the power of natural Arctic berries and plants and creates advanced skincare solutions for all skin types and ages.
Sensitive Skin – Lumene Sensitive Touch Gentle Cleansing Wipes
- What the editors said: “Too many towelettes aggravate sensitive skin. But these leave it fresh and clean, not prickly and inflamed.”
Please check out and support these noteworthy brands and products!